Thursday, November 22, 2012

Most Thankful for my ART Gallery ...

"...in all things give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18. This year as Thanksgiving approached I took the time to 'smell the roses' or when you live in North Texas you smell the skunks! ha ha ha I enjoyed and notice the leaves changing from brownish green (drought) to beautiful shades of orange,red and yellow. This time of year when the wind blows you see the leaves falling from the trees and piling up around your fence or in the yard. You can hear the leaves crackle underneath your feet every step you take. I have had the chance to see the squirrels gather the acorns and run up and down trees hoarding for the winter to come. As I have gotten older I am begining to understand more and more why 'comfort' food is always warm and why it almost always smells soo incredibly good. The transition from summer to fall is a wonderful time of year and probably one of my favorites next to spring. This year as I took all of this in I am in awe at how much God loves me. He gave me eyes to see, ears to hear, hands and feet to touch, taste buds to taste and a nose to smell just so I could get the full experience of His art work. I see the world, this planet as His canvas and what a magnificient majestic interactive ART gallery He has provided for us. Every single species that He has created is unique with a unique gift and is necessary to maintain life somewhere somehow. What puzzles me more and more is that He willingly ...'lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.' Psalm 40:2. All because He loved me, He saved me. I am most thankful for my ART gallery this year but I am humbled to my knees in worship and praise that I have the ability to experience it all Just as I Am. In addition to the loving grace He so generously pours out on me each day the Lord has given me much much more than I ever deserve to be grateful for. He has placed another artist in my life. To me, I think God himself has reached down and touched this artist in a special way ... the art work is priceless and cannot be bought anywhere so don't email me for 'copies' ... there 'ain't' none and there won't be none! LOL The artist showing her work in MY gallery ...
A close up of the art work itself ...
A signed print ...
The artist's very first every print ... (this is NOT for RESALE!)
This year I am thankful for the wonderful husband I have that shows me God's love and grace everyday. I am thankful for the beautiful preciouse treasure I have as a daughter. I am thankful that there is a young girl out there who loved my daughter enough that she gave her life and choose us to parent her. I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful for good coffee and chips and salsa! I am thankful for a sisters who love me because they want to not because they have too. I am thankful for my aunts who sends me cards or calls in the middle of the day in the middle of the week just because they love me. I am thankful for my dog who loves me all the time and who is such an example of what patience really looks like, happiness. I am thankful for all of our missionary friends who are serving God and praising Him through mighty storms. I am thankful for my artist friend who has opened my eyes to the 'art world' and the art of printmaking but ... What I am MOST thankful for this year is the art gallery in my home on my refridgerator and more importantly the art gallery that is this world I live in. By His Grace, which is sufficient! I pray that each of us will "...in all things give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sweet sister in law. I just caught up with your family blog and i LOVE how you are sharing your heart and life with us who are far away. Tears flowing as i feel the love you have not only for Jeff but for Isabel and most of all our Savior. (hugs) to all. Thank you for being such a good example to me. Hope to see you soon.