Thursday, June 28, 2012

There is more to a name tag than a name ...

Yes, the time has come ... Isabel said 'mama' today! Yes, I was thrilled am thrilled, tickled pink, elated, over joy, happy, smiley and generally just down right emotional! It came with no warning of course. She was sitting in her high chair having a snack of Cheerios and juice while I prepared supper and I heard her say it then I turned my head and without prompting she said it again! That was what you felt this evening, the world did stop turning just for me and the Lord leaned down and whispered "All this just for you" ... since the pork chops were baking and the green beans and potatoes were boiling and Jeff was expected any minute I smiled squeezed her and said I love you and got back to work. Yes, my life went on :( but after supper and the apartment got really quiet (we are in Houston) I was reminded of the word she spoke and that she smiled when I turned around again ... my heart is still beating fast I can feel it as I type. For 10 years I have longed to hear that word from a little ones mouth and longed that it would be meant for me not some other woman in the room and in the middle of chaos she whispered to me. I told Jeff about it while we were eating supper and he just smiled and had no words either. There is a strange silence that takes place in our home when God shows His love to us. There is a silent understanding between us that we know its NOT us but that it is GOD who runs our home and GOD who has designed this life for us. I am as thankful for that silence as I am the word 'mama' ... Jeff understands that the words 'I love you' have not melted my heart the way Isabel's first 'mama' did. On Sundays, when we take Isabel to Sunday School we are giving name tags with a 'secret code' each child has a code that is placed on the parents tag. If you see your 'secret code' on the big screen you know to go get your child, because they are being just too precious to stay in SS! (lol) Well, we started going to Denton Bible Church in 2007 and when I figured out what those tag were I wanted one ... badly! But you had to have a child to get one and that is truly what I wanted ... God in His perfect timing and perfect choosing gave Isabel to us to parent. I now have a name tag every Sunday and I proudly put it usually over my heart because it is more than a piece of paper to identify who I am and who my child is. I am not just a name and she was not given just a name ... I am her 'Mama' and she is my child. We are living proof that God keeps His promises.

1 comment:

heart of stone said...

I have no words! What a wonderful post :) I am SO happy for you and your family, and pray God will bless you everyday and forever.
lovelove